The Moat Festival is an annual showcase of some exceptional emerging talent at La Trobe University. Moat Festival 2019 marks the 35th annual festival held at the university.
This year, the festival features five full-length theatre productions as well as a work in development cabaret, a movie night under the stars, and our closing night drag show.
An official launch to our 2019 festival will be held on Friday 1 March at 6pm in the Menzies Theatre featuring a full performance of the award-winning show – Creatures of the Deep – written, produced, and performed by La Trobe Student Theatre and Film alumni (winner of Best Cabaret at the Melbourne Fringe Festival, 2018).
The 2019 Moat Festival includes:
Vernon God Little, based on the book by DBC Pierre and adapted by Tanya Ronder;
- If the Truth be Told, written by Margaret Hickey;
- They Saw a Thylacine, written by Justine Campbell and Sarah Hamilton;
- Dream Play, based on the play by August Strindberg;
- The Drag, based on the plays of Mae West;
- Lovesick, a work in development cabaret by Jess Cook;
- Barely a Queen, conceived and performed by Josh McFarland;
- And The Moonlight Cinema.
A full program of all our events is available via our website.
We hope that our 35th Moat Festival does indeed add a little to the life of La Trobe University.