Are you excited?
Not long now until Semester One begins.
As always, the first date for your diary is Orientation – the time for information sessions, social events and must-do administrative tasks.
Come to Orientation and your transition to University will be made so much easier. Plus you’ll make some new friends and score some free food!
Below is an overview of what’s planned at your campus. For more details, to register for some events or to make a personalised Orientation schedule, go to our Orientation Planner.
Meet and greet
One of the best things about studying at La Trobe is the welcome and supportive environment. So naturally there’s plenty of chances to get to meet the people you need to know in order to succeed at University.
It all gets underway on Monday 24 February with a Wurundjeri Welcome to Country at the Moat Ampitheatre.
Also right up there on the list of must-dos are the Course Essentials sessions: meet key teaching staff in your area and get to know some of your new classmates.
How to Uni 101
Orientation is your chance to ask questions about how things work at La Trobe. Some perfect opportunities to get answers include:
- There’s a Campus Tour desk in the Agora from 12.00-2.00pm every day at Orientation. Get this: hosts will even show you the exact classrooms you’ll need for your first week of classes
- IT Starter Classes for an introduction to online learning systems at La Trobe
- Library Starter Classes to help you navigate our awesome physical and online collections
- Study skills masterclasses on time management, academic writing and looking for work
This is where the La Trobe Student Union comes in! The LTSU is your sure-fire provider of on-campus social opportunities, club membership and free food.
There’s plenty of events to choose from, like:
- Welcome Festival: Agora, Monday 24 February, 12.00-2.00pm
- LTSU G’Day Drinks: Eagle Bar, Monday 24 February, 3.00-6.00pm
- Clubs and Societies Festival: Agora, Tuesday 25 February, 11.00am-2.00pm
- Freshies Party: Eagle Bar, Thursday 27 February, 7.00pm-late